Boats can be transported on a full length traditional 4wd rack by the introduction of rear rollers, wider support bars and guide pegs. The rack can be used to carry luggage primarily, but has the flexibility to load and unload by hand a boat up to 75 kgs and 1.5m beam width.
The boat is loaded from the rear and guided by pegs customised to suit your vehicle and boat size.
Manufactured with individual bolted legs, meaning the rack is less stressful on the vehicle rain gutters and anchor points. This then allows you to purchase newer model legs or amend the rack to fit your next 4wd. Most 2.2m racks have a self weight of approx 40kgs and typical 4wd have a safe carrying capacity of approx 120kgs.
The alloy deflector will reduce wind noise, drag and protect valuable cargo from bugs and grit. Typical best selling racks are:
- MQ Patrol LWB, GQ Patrol SWB (1.6m) & LWB, GU Patrol
- Ford Maverick LWB, Ford Maverick SWB (1.6m)
- 60-62 Landcruiser, 60 Landcruiser Sahara, 76 Series 4 door wagon
- 80 Series Landcruiser, Toyota Prado (pre2003), Toyota Troopcarrier
- 70 Series SWB with steel roof(1.6m)
- NA-NG Pajero low and high roof
- NH-NL Pajero
- Holden Jackaroo1981-1992 SWB & LWB
Back to Boat Loaders